Celebrities’ New Year’s Resolutions for 2008
- Mum-to-be Jessica Alba has said she hopes to relax more as her bump grows and “I want to be less judgmental of myself”.
- Paris Hilton hopes to “to be with my family, and be happy, and maybe find a nice boyfriend” in 2008.
- Pete Wentz has more superficial plans - the Fall Out Boy wants a new look for the new year: “I’m going to put a bowl on my head and just go. I feel like that’s the only thing I need to do - get rid of some of this hair!”
- The Arctic Monkeys’ drummer Matt Helders has said he wants to get acrobatic in the new year and “do a back somersault and a front somersault” while singer Alex Turner’s goals are a bit more down-to-earth: he just wants to improve his cooking skills.
- Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger has said she’s wants to “be more on time - and pray more.”
- Janet Jackson has said she’s “going to try and stop cursing so much” and “to become more environmentally friendly. I’ve already started with my little energy-saving light bulbs; I’ve been testing them out.”
- Jade Goody has vowed to “see in the new year as a new woman. No more booze or Chinese meals” after her young sons Bobby and Freddie, labelled her “chunky” recently.
- And former Westlife star Brian McFadden is going to give up smoking - but not for New Year, but for the woman he loves. He explained fiancee Delta Goodrem’s dad recently “gave me the ‘dad speech’ and said I could wed Delta but there was a condition - ‘You can’t marry her unless you stop smoking.’ I said I would but not for a while. I’ll have to push back the wedding until I do it!”