Mel Gibson investigated by child protection
Mel Gibson was interviewed by child protection services yesterday (21.07.10).
The 54-year-old actor had a formal visit from the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services after allegations by his ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva he assaulted her and their eight-month-old daughter Lucia.
A source told RadarOnline.com: “The meeting lasted for several hours.”
Oksana has claimed he punched her in the head during a violent row while she was holding the baby, leaving the tot with a mark on her chin.
However, Mel has denied this.
Earlier this week, it was alleged that during the same row, Mel threatened to shoot himself and Oksana.
The ‘Mad Max’ star allegedly pulled a gun on the Russian singer and said he would shoot her, their daughter and her 12-year-old son Alexander, before turning the weapon on himself.
Speaking about the January 6 incident, a source said: “Mel punched her in the mouth and then again in the side of the head.
“Oksana has told authorities it was horrific and she thought she was going to die.”
The insider claimed Oksana, 40, had told authorities she was holding Lucia during the alleged attack and fell backwards on the bed as the actor tried to choke her.
The ‘Braveheart’ actor then reportedly yelled “f**k you” and called Oksana a “f**king ****”.
Alexander - whose father is former James Bond star Timothy Dalton - is believed to have witnessed the row in the bedroom and was interviewed by child protection services agents last Friday (16.07.10).